Horizons Unlimited, the website by and for the motorcycle traveller. Bulletin Board, Community, free Monthly E-zine, Travellers' Stories, and plenty of tips and info!

The Long Way Home

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Well, what a disasterous non-start to our journey. The house completed on-time, which was great, but the day before (Thursday) I had a minor accident on the bike which resulted in me being more damaged than the bike. The bike needed a new mirror cover, indicator and a new plastic bumper cover for the side protector. I however hit the ground hip first which resulted in a bruise the size of a football. I also hit my shoulder which slightly bruised a rib or two which still allowed me to breath, albeit not a complete lungful. I had to replace my helmet as I hit my head too heavily on the tarmac to trust that it would survive a similar impact (thank god for helmets). Our friend Miss Hilary gave me a once over yesterday afternoon, no, not like that, she is an Osteopath. Hilary sorted my shoulder and allowed me to take a full breath again (YAY!!!)

We would like to thank Dave for all of his help since Thursday evening, Kev and Fiona for their assistance and great friendship also on Thursday evening (not quite the plan I had for that night) and Paul and Justine for providing that all important accommodation over the weekend.

It is now Wednesday 7th of February, 4 days after we were due to leave and we are finally away this morning with the bike now repaired, and me on the mend.

The next blog update will be the first in our journey.

3 Comments:

At 2:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you felt better, Steve. Being able to breathe always a bonus in life I feel. Remember to use the ice packs and the arnica. Hope I never see you again, in the nicest possible way - Hilary

 
At 7:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck to you both. Wanted to say goodbye to you and thank you properly after your help getting me through my test in January. Best wishes, Martin

 
At 5:13 am, Blogger gillespie said...

hope you are still as excited and upbeat as you were on the day you left england. mum gotyour mail and all is safe. hope steve is well mended and both of you are happy little vegemites!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home